Dr. Daniel J. Siegwart
Daniel Siegwart is an Assistant Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in the Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center and the Department of Biochemistry. His research program is focused on developing advanced polymeric and lipid-based systems with precise control over macromolecular architecture, order, and responsiveness for applications in drug delivery, imaging, and cancer.
2008 – 2012: Postdoctoral fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Chemical Engineering, Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research (Advisors: Institute Professor Robert Langer and Associate Professor Daniel Anderson)
1999 – 2003: B.S. Biochemistry, Lehigh University
Awards and Fellowships: Friends of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Award in Cancer Research (2014), Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas (CPRIT) Scholar Award (2012), National Institutes of Health (NIH) Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) F32 Postdoctoral Fellowship (2010), National Science Foundation (NSF) East Asia and Pacific Summer Institutes (EAPSI) Fellowship at The University of Tokyo (Advisor: Professor Kazunori Kataoka) (2006), The Joseph A. Solomon Memorial Fellowship in Chemistry (CMU) (2005), Chemistry Department Research Honors (Lehigh) (2003)
Current Lab Members
- Jason Miller
- Kejin Zhou, Ph.D.
- Sussana Elkassih
- Petra Kos, Ph.D.
- Hu Xiong, Ph.D.
- Qiang Cheng, Ph.D.
- Lukas Farbiak
- Kels Kaiser
- Jing Hao, Ph.D.
- Postdoc, 2012-2014
- Current position: Assistant Professor, George Fox University
- Denise Bamberger
- Visiting graduate student, 2015
- Current position: graduate student, Johannes Gutenberg–University Mainz, Germany
- Atsushi Nagai, Ph.D.
- Visiting professor, 2015
- Current position: Assistant Professor, Institute For Molecular Science, Japan
- Lian Xue, Ph.D.
- Postdoc, 2014-2015
- Victor Tieu
- SURF student, summer 2015
- Current position: undergraduate student, University of California at Berkeley
- John Norman
- High school research student, summer 2015
- Current position: undergraduate student, Texas A&M
- Karina Kinghorn
- Green Fellow and SURF student, 2016
- Current position: graduate student, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Siva Venigalla
- Khorana Bose scholar, summer 2016
- Current position: undergraduate student, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Bethanie Abram
- STARS high school research student, summer 2016
- Current position: high school student, Irving High School
- Gino Occhialini
- QP SURF student, summer 2016
- Current position: undergraduate student, University of Texas at Dallas
- Sergio Barrios
- SURF BUILD Scholar, summer 2016
- Current position: undergraduate student, University of Texas at El Paso
- Jonathan Minnig
- Green Fellow and Research Technician, 2015-2016
- Current position: research technician, UT Southwestern
- Yunfeng Yan, Ph.D.
- Postdoc, 2012-2016
- Current position: Assistant Professor, Zhejiang University of Technology